The CyberSec First Responder: Threat Detection and Response series prepares learners to protect the IT infrastructure of their organizations against cyber-attacks. This series will help students to understand the anatomy of cyber-attacks. Individuals will gain the skills needed to serve their organizations before, during, and after a breach. The tools and techniques taught in this course are based on the common threats, risks and their mitigation techniques which are applicable universally.
A CyberSec First Responder is the first line of defense against cyber-attacks. Students will prepare to analyze threats, design secure computing and network environments, proactively defend networks, and respond/investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Course 01 – Assessing Information Security Risk
- Course 02 – Analyzing the Threat Landscape
- Course 03 – Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Course 04 – Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
- Course 05 – Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
- Course 06 – Evaluating the Organization’s Security Posture
- Course 07 – Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
- Course 08 – Analyzing Log Data
- Course 09 – Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
- Course 10 – Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Course 11 – Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Learners are advised to have some knowledge of basic networking technologies such as TCP/IP, routing protocols, network security and VPNs.
- It is also recommended that learners have at least two years of professional experience in network administration or a similar field.
- Cybersecurity practitioners
- Information systems security engineers
- Information security officers
- IT administrators